View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 11:20   Link #241
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
Sugou is literally maintaining her life since she's one of the researchers taking medical care of Asuna. Yes, the connection is hinted. Yes, it's a possibility. But no. Hard. Evidence. Else he would've punched the shit out of Sugou already right there and then.
And again the lack of hard evidence isn't absolutely not a problem for him, otherwise he wouldn't set himself in such task, and the story clearly indicates he is certain he will find her in ALO (otherwise his reaction towards Leefa wouldn't make sense). Also, he learned the RCT connection after meeting Sugou, and punching him wouldn't lead to anywhere.
Quote:
You know that Asuna STILL can meet Yui suppose that she's not in ALO, as long as she wakes up from her death slumber right?
Please remember that he uses the word "すぐに" and not "いつか/そのうちに" when he states Yui's dream will come true, which is a "soon" with a "immediately" connotation, compared to the other words he used. It isn't in a vague time frame in the future, but really almost the very moment he is speaking.
Before ALO comes into the plotline, Kazuto had absolutely no idea why Asuna isn't waking up nor when she will. And now, he is certain this will happen soon enough, and not in a distant future. That pretty much implies he is absolutely sure he will find her in ALO.
Quote:
He rushed a distance that is impossible for most people on their journey to the World Tree. And you're talking about him wasting time.
He is indulging himself in the game. Why wouldn't he? Why shouldn't he? Is there any reason he shouldn't at least enjoy himself? He has always been the type to enjoy the world as much as he can within limits, even with his own life at stake. He TAUGHT that to the stiff Asuna and changed her. Why did you expect him NOT to enjoy himself?
This is because, once again, it deals with a very weird contradiction in term of mood regarding his goal: Kazuto in real life was quite affected by Asuna's slumber, then inability to reach her, then goes all out to have any single lead.
His behaviour before engaging himself in ALO is quite clear that he wasn't playing it for the hell of it. Really, Kazuto was hell bent to be on Asuna's side, and got utterly crushed for that, and then when he is in a game, he barely have any thought for that (not any depression, but at least some concern or determination to push forward).
Quote:
This doesn't mean he can't leave after confronting the conflict.
The problem is: -how long- will it last? How far the detour it will take? How difficult it will be? And again, Leefa stated a very important problem: should he dies, Kirito will be back to square one.
Quote:
Yeah, at stake in another 5 days, while a good friend's matter is within 45 minutes. I seriously don't understand why you're not understanding.
Here is the catch: the issue Leefa is encountering has, practically, no importance save commitment as a player, which is a far cry for what's going on on Asuna's side. Sure, Kazuto doesn't know Asuna is in danger of being brainwashed (assuming Sugou's claim is true, that is), but his priority was always clear the very moment he engaged himself with Asuna. Heck, in SAO, he clearly state that should Asuna's security is at stake, he would -abandon- the party and prioritize her safety, even though the said party was at risk of dying for real. And you kept repeating the coma death, which is actually another reason why he wouldn't leave her in a comatose state for long, especially he got quite shocked after Asuna's explanations about that.
Simply put, Kazuto already got a big hunch that Sugou did something weird, that there is a marriage within 5 days, and that she is still in a damn coma.
All of these parts offset completely Leefa's issue.

I don't expect Kazuto to outright abandon Leefa whatsoever, but I would expect him to really not commit himself in that "event" despite he has a much more pressing matter (whether or not doing so will benefit him in the rescue is not relevant to the intent and mindset as of now, as the anime didn't reflect any calculation/intention for him to use the alliance for his benefit).
He obviously consider Leefa as his friend due to her help and support so far, but that doesn't make her magically important enough to focus on her problem, even if it is for a short period of time.

So really, it is how carefree he is presented so far as ALO Kirito, that's all. If you think he can simply enjoy himself and putting Asuna on the sidelines for this, be my guest. As far as I'm concerned, I exposed the points why I'm not happy about how he is acting in ALO arc. If you can't even understand, better stick on "agree to disagree", because at this point, it is just meaningless to go on circle.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-11-13 at 11:48.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote