View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 16:59   Link #27290
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Well yes, if you alter absolutely everything about the nature of the scene based on no presented evidence, you can answer just about any question.

What about when the scene is playing out as Battler describes it? Why must he be discarded just because he's "unreliable?" Is there not a simpler answer, one which follows the description Battler has advanced without necessitating that Erika be subject to the vague whims of unverifiable reality, precisely the opposite of what her entire investigative method is supposedly about?
Actually, from the Fantasy side, the scene in question is remarkably short and can be summarized like this:
Erika introduces herself to the family, and is welcomed as a guest.

I didn't change that premise. I just made them welcome her in a different way.

My theory hinges on the fact that two stories, which are different but loosely intertwined, exist at the same time. Therefore, Battler is not unreliable at all. After all, Battler is not the Detective in EP5, so those who control his Piece in this game will only see the Fantasy side of the story.

And of course, in a game like this, her investigative method fails. That's why she lost to BATTLER in the EP5 Tea Party. He understood how to fight, and she was left to look like an idiot while Lambda questioned her: "Are you sure you wanna keep fighting?"

Of course, before he managed to reach the truth, he was the one being thoroughly defeated by her. Ordinarily, her methods are very reliable. However, this game board was created with the Endless Magic, which creates a cat box in which all possibilities can and do exist.
Toku is offline   Reply With Quote