View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 04:54   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I think people are missing the point of the wings and how they essentially symbolize Haru's confidence, when he got them is when he started to change and gain confidence, having them taken away is the shock that has led to this regression, thus he's going to have to get them back in order to move forward again and learn to fight without them as well in order to do so which will probably lead to newfound and less shaky confidence. Looking at it that way and noting how the episode goes out of it's way to illustrate the importance of the wings as it did I think it makes perfect sense in context as to why Haru took the turn he did.
He was regressing even before he was drawn into the match. The symbolism of the wings were more of a backdrop than the focal point of it considering he can't even help protect the only person who vested so much of her own to hold on to their friendship. I know what you are saying, but understanding still doesn't make the episode any better for me. KLGChaos take reinforces even further how frustrating it has already been to watch this character thus far. Yeah, I agree he is got quite the ego also, and it was kind of satisfying that for once he was put into his place.

I'll be honest here (and no offense to the fans of the show)..... it's been a while since I've sat through something this frustrating. The reason I still continue is because it's not often I get to see a fat egoist gets the girl for no apparent reason. He practically has his own harem for heaven's sake. It's almost like watching a harem/ecchi show where the dimwitted protagonist is actually a fat kid. The difference there is that I never have to worry about a story in those type of show. Here, I unfortunately do and Haru isn't making things any easier.