View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 11:56   Link #30767
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempteste View Post
Spoiler for -:
As I see it, it means that Krauss will inherit the leadership then he'll pass it to Jessica but Jessica, being assumed to act as a proper traditional Japanese woman will let her husband do the job. Of course if Jessica isn't married yet when Krauss passes the leadership to her, she'll be the head, it's not like Krauss will pass it to George because she's a girl.

How much of a head Jessica's husband will be is up to debate as in the Ushiromiya the ones that really matter are the Ushiromiya by blood in fact Hideyoshi is less important than Eva even if he's her husband so I've no idea which place will Jessica have in the Ushiromiya family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempteste View Post
But why he needed to leave it in the catbox? Why he made Zepar and Furfur of the opposite sexes?
It's not that he needed it, in the same way he doesn't need to leave in the catbox what happened on Prime. It's that he decided it.
It can be related with whatever injury Yasu reported and the fact Ryukishi wanted to obscure its depiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Yes ... I agree with that. I was just arguing that she ciould, potentially, fool Natsuhi and Krauss. I agree with everything else you said about Kanon probably staying imaginary during that first year. However, Kanon IS treated as though he's been entirely normally employed since 1983, with nary a hint to the contrary, and this is more likely than not, just an oversight in Ryukishi's plotting. He either thinks the people in Prime are too dumb to escape a wet paper bag, or himself didn't think the logistics through very well at all.
I would say Kanon/Yasu could surely fool Krauss but it would be hard for him to fool Natsuhi as she controls everything. So, if Yasu had Genji as accomplice, she might have fooled Krauss into thinking Kanon had been regularly hired one year sooner than Krauss thinks and, due to his schedule, Krauss never notice him, but the same wouldn't work for Natsuhi.

That's why it's easier if Kanon got a body due to Natsuhi's request, as Yasu is already her accomplice in hiding Kinzo's death and Natsuhi might have thought having an extra servant that would testify that Kinzo was fine and well would be okay while Yasu turned it around and used it as a way to give Kanon a body.

A 'Natsuhi is in' theory simply makes things way easier, while at the same time it doesn't require Natsuhi to be an accomplice in the whole of Yasu's plan. There's to say though this would require her to be an accomplice in Ep 1 & 3 otherwise she would have noticed something odd.

So it's possible that Yasu managed to trick her... but this damages the logic of the story and the characterization of Natsuhi. All in all I think that if the solution is that Natsuhi never noticed or if Yasu managed to pull this trick for two years it's a forced solution.

Quote:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we got some extra chapter detailing how there really was a slender, reticent servant boy named Kanon who started working on the island in 1983, regarded Yasu as a sister, and then ... fell off a cliff and died when walking around with her one day, so she was just all "Well I've already got THIS many persona's going on, I guess there's room for one more. Thank goodness Jessica was always busy on his work days, I think she was starting to harbor a crush."
LOL, those evil cliffs hit again! They're the true culprit of Rokkenjima!
Actually it wasn't that the family was killed by a bomb, they were all searching for Kuwadorian before the storm started, ended up where Beato 2 fell and, in order to give a better look to the place, they all slipped down and died apart from Eva who didn't stop sightseeing and Battler who found another way.

Quote:
Sorry if it sounded that way. I moreso meant that she is pretty much a rolling ball of poor decision making, not that she does things for no reason at all.
Oh, that's for sure. Yasu's really terrible at taking decisions.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote