View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 08:50   Link #510
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post

Except you can see it just as much, if not more, as Haruhi having changed the life of everyone three years ago through some unexplained and unconscious cosmic power, and Yuki fixing it and bringing the world back to normal.
And I'd like to add : what you say is actually what Kyon DID. He DID change back the world for everyone to be with his pretty girlfriend (his desire to get Haruhi back felt seriously romantic to me, even if he used the "I wanna have fun" excuse), and his relation with "cute Yuki" make it very clear he sees her as a dear friend, but NOT romantically.

So I agree with your reasoning, but for the opposite reason
I don't really think it was that romantic; I mean I found Sighs more convincing about any romance to be honest. I mean certainly even just the family itself that he's known so long would have been different. How exactly are you gonna live in an alternate reality where everything you know is "fake".

Besides, we really don't know how much Haruhi changed the world, or perhaps Haruhi having these powers is the right thing. We really don't know the effect of Yuki using these powers is. What if there are beings evil worse than Haruhi that have similar powers, etc? Overall, it's pretty reckless of Yuki, since surely the DITE would not be that stupid if they could just fix Haruhi in the first place and manipulate her as needed. At least I hope...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews