View Single Post
Old 2007-08-07, 05:09   Link #32
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

I've been wanting to watch this series since I heard that it is pretty depressing (I'm in the mood for some depressing anime) and when I found out they had started showing a few episodes on On Demand, I checked it out immediately. I watched the two episodes they had and well from what I've heard, it's not a bad dub at all. Of course this is coming from someone who hasn't watched the original Japanese voices so I can't compare which one is better.

The acting is good, there weren't many flat lines from what I've heard so far and the voices seem to match the characters although Misuzu's voice is kinda too high at times, but that's Monica Rial's voice for ya. I'm loving Vic Mignogna's performance. He is using a slightly different voice than usual; it's a little deeper, but I couldn't even recognize his voice until I saw it in the credits. Then I proceeded to slap myself for not knowing it was him since it was so familiar to me . I also like Luci Christian's performance. She always does do good drunk scenes but I also felt she hit the serious parts right too. Kano's voice actress was also good, but there were times where she sounded awkward, especially in episode 1. As for everyone else, I thought they were good and they were certainly listenable, but so far I don't think I have heard enough to judge their acting yet.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with the dub and I'll continue following the dub. If ADV keeps this up, I think that consumers will continue buying it anyway since I think most of them are like me and have just started watching Air TV on a clean slate.