View Single Post
Old 2007-12-23, 16:24   Link #81
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Wow, I didn't expect so much response for me coming so late into the game. Thanks, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
As skilled with words as you are with magic, I see. Quite an interesting read there, Jon.
I cannot be stopped.

and you are quite the first person on the whole Internets to acknowledge the reference, by the way. I'm surprised Baldur's Gate II is such an ignored phenomenon! Kids these days and their kiddie dating games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Just one sentence actually: I guess you couldn't ignore the impossible and kick reason to the curb.

Though I'm glad, someone that's not a mecha fan like you enjoyed the show, its still a shame that you couldn't enjoy the final arc.
I suppose you're right. Don't get me wrong though! I had fun. I had lots of fun. I just didn't have as much fun with that final arc as with the others, because my wtf meter exceeded my capacity for verisimilitude.

That or I just hated Simon's new starry sunglasses and 80's hairdo, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Even if I'm rather able to understand the complain for the badly executed "kill 'em all" on the initial episodes of the fourth arc, I still fail to see how the final battle is even close to being drawn-out, sense-less or just a little "Dragon Ball"-ish. Probably the closer adjectives you could find for your feelings, whenever they fit or not.
We're talking about Gurren-Lagann here. It's the feelings that counts!