View Single Post
Old 2011-10-29, 03:16   Link #54
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
While it is possible to accidentally deselect the one row you are doube-clicking I still find that easier than scrolling to a specific part of the page to do the select all/deselect all.
I still think at least a 'deselect all' button would be useful. Since I am having issues getting it to deselect when clicking. Part of the problem is it always requires you 'Select all' first before it let's you 'Deselect all'. The other part of the problem is your single click will select something else if you don't do the double click on the selection.

Maybe if you made it always default to doing 'Deselect all' first if you have anything selected, but do 'Select all' first if you have nothing selected, it would work better.

Quote:
Mmm. Sorry, but unless there are more people requesting this I don't see the point much.
I hear you this, that this would a niche feature. I do use this feature occasionally on general-purpose indexes, but it's probably not as useful on the more narrow categories Fanzub covers. If you ever did implement it, you may as well just add raw newgroup result browsing. Not really a priority feature.

Quote:
See above answer mostly. However it would not be to hard to make the username on the "Details" page clickable (and exose the hidden author search feature). This would then allow you to more easily search by poster.
I would really like something like this. As part of it, could you allow author=XXXX in the search query, or is that not possible?

Quote:
Works. The only limitation is that a search query can't contain only exclusions. But searching for "{your favorite show} -xvid -480" works.
Could you workaround this by allowing a wildcard * as the search term with exclusions?

Quote:
I still wonder how many people besides you are really missing some of the features you mention. I'd figure 99% of visitors doesn't miss them.
Probably, but the same is likely true for Google's hidden and advanced functionality. Even if hardly anybody uses them, it doesn't make such things any less useful. A few of these things would fall under very rarely used, but critical when you do actually have a need for them.

Quote:
Having said that a slide-out "Advanced Search" like www.nzbindex.nl might be worth implementing (without messing up the "clean look"). However I can't promise any ETA.
When I was making my "Advanced Search" suggestions, I did have something like that in mind. The two guys that run that site are actually pretty nice and friendly. If you ever get stumped, they may be willing to give you some tips and suggestions.