View Single Post
Old 2006-05-24, 14:57   Link #1070
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
classics are good. My favourite was and still is the original Macross TV series, love every bit of it.

As for the power dispute, Yuki race rules the physical, i suspect superior members of her species could bend anything in the physical realm to their will, but not on the grand scale that Haruhi can, and so effortlessly.
Good, people still appreciate the classics. I'm always worried that people are only interested in the newest and biggest thing, like this very show, and will forget or ignore the classics, never experiencing shows that while having inferior animation to today's products, often do things on a much grander scale than modern anime (I'm watching Legend of The Galactic Heroes right now and it is currently my favorite show I am watching, as interesting as Suzumiya Haruhi is, it isn't even holding a candle to the characters and Drama of Galactic Heroes). Anyway, to be perfectly honest, I really can't stand the character of Haruhi. She is just such a mean and awful person, that I am waiting to see develope compassion and kindness to her friends instead of just bossing them around. Things have gotten really stale now even with the revelation that she can alter reality, and it would be better to have a more multi-dimensional character as the focus of such a story than a person who's only speed is controlling cruel bitch. She's says she's bored of life, but she should be bored of herself and maybe lighten up a bit, try making some friends, help people with there troubles instead of just doing things for herself. That's the kind of character I'm hoping to see at some point, but as the series and novels wear on it is looking less and less likely. What we need is Bright Noah from Gundam to pop in and bitchslap her like he did Amuro, and tell her to stop feeling sorry for herself and get out their and do something to make the world a better place. What needs to happen is for Kyon to do exactly that, since unfortunately my main man Brigth isn't in the anime to do it for them.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote