View Single Post
Old 2006-11-04, 08:01   Link #93
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khym Chanur View Post
Ah. I was wondering why Mion and Rena would try something like water filled syringe penalty game on him given how unstable he'd been acting. Question: what delusion/hallucination caused Keiichi to rip out the portion of the note talking about the drugs and remove the crayon from the back of the clock? Or did Irie have that done to prevent the authorities from figuring out just how far Keiichi's delusions had gone? Or did Takano have it done, just for the fun of screwing with the minds of the police? Or (my final theory) the whole scene where Ooishi talks about what was found on the back of the clock was a dream/hallucination Keiichi had as he was dying.

Also, is there a summary/transcript of the Tsumihoroboshi game out there somewhere? I'm pretty sure that this wasn't revealed in the Tsumihoroboshi anime arc.
not really easy to answer this..
i guess the syringue matter was a problem for irie, since he gave to keiichi a shot (which was really suspicious, since it's quite bizarre to give a shot for the flu, and even worse when you know that keiichi faked a flu). so, they possibly misunderstood what keiichi meant with the syringue (but it would be a bit strange for them to remove the "syringue" which is in fact the marker )

but the police investigation is fact : we have another point of view, from ooishi. and this time, we know only what the police have found.
so, the note was really cut, and something is missing behind the clock.

Quote:
Okay, leaving someone in a L5 state alone with two civilians who have no idea how dangerous he is is really stupid. Why didn't the Yamainu babysit him? I suppose Irie didn't want Keiichi to associate the Yamainu with him, but they could have done something like tie him up and leave him somewhere where Irie could conveniently stumble upon upon him. So for whatever reason he decides to leave Keiichi in the care of Rena and Mion, but he can't warn them about how dangerous he is because he can't reveal anything about the Syndrome... But then how was he planning on injecting Keiichi with the C103/sedative all by himself, and without the girls knowing? If he was going to have the two of them hold Keiichi down for him, he'd have to give them some reason the injection. And why didn't Irie tell the Yamainu to disarm Keiichi? Gahhhhhh...
here is my little speculation :
although keiichi was under L5 state, i would say that irie was gambling with Mion and Rena, since they "are" his best friends. Even if keiichi was under L4-L5, he wouldn't expect him to have an immediate killing frenzey (probably just like satoko, who was kinda calm).
So, he probably asked for them to soothing a bit with some fun etc.
unfortunately for them, Keiichi was way more dangerous than expected.

like you said, he couldn't reveal what's the hinamizawa syndrom, so, his actions were really limited.
another problem : rena was around when keiichi snapped and get caught by the yamainu, so they wouldn't be able to take him to the facility (keiichi would witness the facility, and rena would think strange that they wouldn't let him rest, etc)

for the injection, i guess he will still inject him the C103, but lying to the girls saying : this is a sedative, he will be calmer, and with some time to rest, he will be better. he had probably too much stresses, homesickness etc.
Mion and Rena have witnessed keiichi's erratic behaviour, so some sedative would sound really normal i guess.

as for the bat, it's highly probable that the yamainu was simply underestimating like irie, his killing power. since keiichi was only defending himself and running away, they could think he was using this bat as only a threat and have no plan to smash anyone with it (and since keiichi is a kid for them, you can bet they were really not expecting him to cause a real threat to them...)

Quote:
Huh, wasn't Keiichi in oyashiro-sama mode back when Rena confronted him over the fact that he'd lied to cover up his first meeting with Ooishi? Do the delusions start as early as L1? Or was he already in a more advanced state?
we don't know how the scale goes for the Hinamizawa Syndrom, but we can expect that L2 and L3 just give some creeps, paranoia + some speech change and slight physical delusions (rena would probably say "uso da" but in another manner etc)

Quote:
Also, is ep 4 when Rena was telling Keiichi how she wouldn't let him be demoned away, was he hallucinating her carrying the hatchet, or was she really carrying it?
i think this is also an hallunication. (her school bag?)
keiichi was really under huge stress : seeing mion about the delusion "killing ooishi" would probably give him more creeps and would feel some direct killing attempt on him.

Quote:
And an unrelated question about the first arc: in ep 4, when Rena is apologizing for "taking the joke to far", is the joke her pretending to be all knowing by revealing what Keiichi is eating for dinner, the "trap" ohagi, or both?
this is hard to answer : according the manga, Rena didn't know about the trap ohagi. (and as far i could remember about the ohagi, it was mion, so...)
now, if we can imagine how rena would react "normally" here, it would be the first time that keiichi "attacks" her directly, leaving her no clue why he do that, though he is yelling "go home!". and we probably know : rena would feel herself guilty and could felt like it was her fault, and she was "fooling around".
however, the "too much" is really weird... it is also possible that it's ANOTHER delusion (it could be a mistake from the anime too).

Quote:
So the psychological trauma of being knifed by "Mion" was enough to send Keiichi straight from L0 to L5? Hmmmm, and is Keiichi infected with the parasite in every world? Obviously, not everyone who visits Hinamizawa becomes infected, so why is Keiichi always infected? Does the Irie clinic infect all newcomers to the area with the parasite? They already have several thousand native inhabitants to study, I would think that they'd want to see how quickly newcomers would be infected naturally, if at all. Or do the researchers think that the native inhabitants might have evolved a inheritable resistance to the parasite, and they want to see how someone with without those genes will react to the parasite?
i don't think you have to be under L5 for this kind of delusion. (i guess the terminal stage is some crazy behaviour with the killing frenzy. just compare how far keiichi was crazy in onikakushi hen, with rena in tsumihoroboshi hen)
it would be the L3-L4.
though, keiichi had experimented 2 near death experience with a "oni" mion : the silly "demon" case was really sticking his mind. with the stress and pain with theses 2 situations, it is kinda huge already. now, if you add some silly ooishi's "undead" comment, it would make sense.

i don't think there is anything special with the inhabitants, but like any pathogen, some people are more resilient to X pathogen than another etc.

Quote:
Hmmmm, I don't think that she would inject Rika's mother with H170. First, if someone who was daily in the presence of the queen went as far as L5, it would discredit her queen carrier theory. She could tell her superiors back in Tokyo what she'd done while keeping Irie in the dark, but feeding your chief researcher false information isn't a good way to run a research project, and it would likely get the project defunded. Second, I think Takano would have wanted to compare a pure, untampered queen to a pure, untampered previous queen, and injecting the former queen with H170 would have muddied up the data they would have gotten. So I think that Takano did the research/vivisection on the mother herself, and then presented the resulting data to Irie as a done deal, rather than have Irie do the procedures herself; after all, Takano did say that she wanted to get revenge on the mother herself.
Following the comments in the pieces, the queen has just the capability to suppress the "automatic L5 evolution". it woudn't always prevent any infected people to get crazy, or the very first case they were studying, the sixth dam manager murderer, would already nullify the theory.

we will see at another piece probably, but well... it is certain that takano will toy a lot with rika's mother, as the former queen or/and as a L5 state.
Spoiler for Response to Piece #07:

it's way too vague to understand her point of view, despite her comment about the queen etc. ~~

Spoiler for About the reboots:

about hanyuu : hanyuu is a part of rika's past and she will be always in her memories.
so the first theory is false i think : i don't think hanyuu will simply travel between the universe to help.
she will probably reboot to the maximum she could in the past, and when she succeed, it would create in the time, another universe.

so, you second theory is most likely the good one.

as for the second theory problem : this was a bit convenient, but most of the random and dangerous factor happen around 2 weeks befor ethe watanagashi festival.

keep in mind that several parts of the story are canon in any chapter like : the 4 oyashiro-sama incident, rena's past, ekiichi's past, shion and satoshi's story, shion who snapped towards mion etc.

they can't alter this, since it doesn't belong to the rule X, they are "inevitable".
Spoiler for About Hanyuu and Oyashiro-sama:

huho, long and nice theory ^^.
humm let's see...

why hanyuu is tied in hinamizawa?
this is hard to determine it, since we don't know how she was "born".
my guess is she didn't even try to find someone who can see her outside hinamizawa : she isn't really a brave character to begin with. so i would assume that she would think "this is useless, no one will see me anyway and even if someone does, it will reject me since i'm not human and i'm ugly" (i'm referring it with TIPS #136 )

Spoiler for Speculation about Satoshi's fate:

i don't really see his smile as a evil smirk (though his eyes are not visible, which would give this feeling)
in fact, the anime messed up this part of Tatarigoroshi.
according Sushi-Y, there wasn't any satoshi memory when keiichi pats her head.
as soon as he touches her, satoko snapped.
the main difference in the game and anime is : it's too late, she is broken. (i guess Deen made the "good" choice though : the anime watchers wouldn't have enough clue to guess it was already too late. so they put some satoshi memory to justify why she gets crazy like this)

don't think too much about satoshi, he is alive, but his wherabouts aren't shown yet.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-04 at 08:13.