Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 11:00   Link #672
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I recall Clarke mentioning that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
I did quote that once here, but nobody listens

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
After watching the second episode I am like WTF? The first episode they go through all the science explanation to make the world appear believable than throw everything out the window in the second episode! Docking? They are merging nothing scientific there it's magic not science.
I recall nothing of the 1st episode that recounts any 'plausible' scientific explanation for the technologies at work in the show. Everything is derived from the Manifestation Engine, and how THAT Mcguffin works is not explained (yet). Much like the GN Drives, Photon Energy, Spiral Power or whatnot the exact mechanism is left fuzzy at best (at least until more info is provided). There's no long spiels or exposition on how the Manifestation Engine works, or that even that it has a basis in reality - it's your average sci-fi fantastic power source that works because it does.

The moment they show Professor Isshiki having his consciousness transferred into a stuffed toy through an explosion, I knew enough not to expect hard science from this show, and that's not a bad thing. I don't know where you got the idea that this show had a believable scientific base in the first place, when the first episode had none.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote