View Single Post
Old 2008-07-25, 13:10   Link #260
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
She's more like a layed back, twenty-something bachelor with too much time on his hands, rather than oldman. And Ranka does not fit the lolita mold in any shape, way, or form. She's, at the most, moe, and at least has certain mannerisms that might be taken as child-like.
There is your opinion but I beg you acknowledge those who were greatly surprised at episode 6, me included.

Quote:
Lolicon is a very specific complex. It requires an underaged girl, usually not even in her teens, with a certain amount of sexual awareness. A guy that finds her appealing has the lolita complex. He is not your typical pedophile, since the girl has to at least appear to have sexual maturity to interest him.

Ranka is not loli, due to her age and her maturity level. Her appearance has nothing to do with anything. Hell, not even Klan Klan is lolita, since she's more of a chibi than anything else.
You remember I said "imperfect information." As long as Ranka's real age keeps sceret, she fits any requirements you listed for lolita. She looks underaged, she behaves underaged, she is aware of sex (more or less). Ranka is not lolita, but she is a lolita replica. If there is a guy doesn't know she is a replica but likes her because he thinks she is a real lolita, he is a lolicon. Do I make it clear? or should I bring up some loli-like adults from hentai games as examples? It doesn't necessarily require one liking a loli to qualify a lolicon.