View Single Post
Old 2008-05-06, 01:04   Link #168
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Her vocal range easily surpasses Ranka so far, I doubt Ranka can keep up with Sheryl in Diamond Crevasse.
Well to be fair with Ranka, so far we've only heard her sing 3 songs so far. They are "Aimo" in ep 2, "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" in ep 4, and "What About My Star" in ep 5.

Neither "Aimo" nor "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" required a significant vocal range from Ranka nor were either of them complex. Add to that the fact that the supporting music to both songs were "mild" and simplistic to say the least. "What 'bout My Star" is really the first time we've heard Ranka express a dynamic vocal range with a more complex melody.

Still, Sheryl's "Don't Be Late" and "Diamond Crevasse" blows Ranka's current performances out of the water. Let's hope that as Ranka matures into a more professional singer her songs will reflect that growth. As for Sheryl's "What 'bout My Star", it's been extremely difficult to make an opinion of it b/c it we haven't had a decent sample of it that hasn't been cut short or covered by chatter/sound effects.