View Single Post
Old 2008-07-12, 23:45   Link #2
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm not the best example to look to for someone such as you who has a 40 hour week of work. This is because I play 5-6 hours a day of tennis, with very intense drills incorporated and matches, 5-6 days a week. I don't regularly drink anything else besides water and apple juice, and I mostly eat chicken with little red meat and some fish in my diet. I eat fruit and vegetables everyday. So for me it is pretty easy to stay fit, my doctor actually says that I am underweight for my 5'9, 130 pound self.

What I am going to recommend to you is to exercise a little differently in the gym, and just in general.

Every time you exercise, the most important thing to do is always your cardio, so if you are going to cut out something, do not cut that one out. On one day you need to do certain exercises like curls, bench press, and military, but then the next day you need to switch it up with things like squats, abs, and core. The important thing to remember is that to lose weight you need to exercise everywhere with your body, not just a select location.

Instead of going to the gym only twice a week, I'd try to increase that to three times at least. Select specific days to do it, make it routine.

If you can, besides going to the gym, jog around your streets a little bit for a set amount of time without stopping for maybe like 15 minutes. You'd be surprised how different it is to run on a street and go a length of distance compared to running on one of those machines in the gym.

Last thing I am going to say is that if you are truly serious about losing weight, cut out carbonated drinks and fried foods as much as possible. You cannot eat like you would right now and exercise and hope to lose much weight. The key is always to burn more calories than you take in.

Last edited by Reckoner; 2008-07-13 at 01:25.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote