Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 10:57   Link #109
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiryu View Post
Not only is Togashi supervising the new series, but there will be some changes.
So far they mentioned that:
- Kaito will not be introduced as usual
- Hisoka will not be "perverted" anymore. They are changing his personality.
- They are downplaying / or omitting the violence from the original

They are in the process of changing some dialogue, etc. The pace will be different as well. So this really will be a retelling rather than a reboot.

This news concerns me...

Kaito had such a big impact on Gon, I can't imagine how it'll begin without him.
Not having a weird Hisoka is...well, not Hisoka at all. He was a unique character.

I was looking forward to seeing the Ant Arc animated. I'm sure many have thought so as well. Now I'm not sure what's going on.

They may be trying to have a kid friendly approach (with the timeslot and all) so the whole family could watch---which is definitely not the HxH I know;
Hisoka not weird anymore?!No!!!!!!!!! That's not Hisoka at all. Hisoka that I know is weird and perverted in his own way. Luckily I had bought the old series back. The old series is no doubt a classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hisoka's always been perverted. That's one of the major trait of his personality. In the Heavens arena (chapter 60 or so) arc, he comments on how excited he is to face Gon again and his crotch is GLOWING.
I had watched this scene in the anime. It's one of my favourite scenes.I like his perverted voice when he's acting all excited.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote