Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-13, 03:11   Link #659
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Sophia is the all girls university in Tokyo iirc.
Heard lots of good things about the place, so it doesn't sound like a bad place to study.
Uni Info
(Now I remember why it's familiar to me, was thinking that it was the Catholic girls uni, but wiki says both genders so that may be my misinterpretation somewhere... oops)
And i know someone going there.
But the website will give you most of the info need anyways. ^^

As for surrounding areas, its better to do that research yourself with guide books and so on.
Since its Tokyo, that shouldn't be too hard.
Ichigaya and Yotsuya are in the city centre, close to Shinjuku on the suicide central train line *cough* I mean Chuo Line.
Ichigaya is a lovely place, lots of resturants, tons of sakura trees along the riverbank and Yasukuni Shine is there. (Opp the Palace gardens)
I'll leave the rest for you to discover or check out if you're really curious.

As for Chinese/korean, well most Japanese like peeps from there on an average basis, probably cause of the drama shows they import.
It's usually the other way round, where issues kinda arise on the 'not liking' front.
You probably won't get the generic gaijin questions if you are from asian decent. As for that experience, see for yourself?
That's too bad because it would have been great if I was the only guy in all female catholic school .
It does seem like it has some nice things around it, and oh my Yasukuni shrine. Now that is one place I would be interest to seeing with it being controversial and all.
Oh and the bold line, that is really ironic as I don't like Korean dramas baring the historical ones .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Well, because most of the time Koreans and Chinese look a lot like Japanese we don't get comments at first sight. I know that Koreans/Chinese and Japanese have a rather shaky relationship, but everyday Japanese people are very polite and considerate so there's not too much to worry about. If you speak Japanese, that's a plus, so you won't even have to mention your nationality... I went to middle school in Japan and I had no problems at all being a Korean in Japan.
Aright that is very nice to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
There are three destinations I could go to: Hiroshima, Nagasaki (for some reason both "atomic" cities -_-), and Osaka. Each of them cost upfront about 7000$-8000$ (for room and board, tuition, administrative costs, daily breakfasts + dinner) for a semester. I have yet to count in the plane tickets and actual daily expenses like lunches, traveling, etc.
wait, wouldn't you get some financial aids? Anyhow 7,000-8,000 dollars doesn't seem that bad. My school cost at least 11,000 per semester.