View Single Post
Old 2011-06-01, 19:29   Link #83
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Regarding some of the recent discussion over Kyousuke, Kirino and Kuroneko...
  • Firstly, Kyousuke is DENSE. They haven't done the best job of representing it in the anime, but that's what his relationship with Manami shows (c.f. in particular, Akagi questioning him about it in one of the early episodes).
  • Re: the conversation behind the school. I wouldn't count that as a confession. Kuroneko probably knows that she'd need to actually spell it out given how dense he is. Thus, she pretty much decided to forego it when she saw the state Kyousuke was in, though she was clever enough to do something that should leave him thinking about it for a while.
  • Re: Kyousuke's supposedly OOC behaviour. Keep in mind that Kirino hasn't contacted ANYONE for MONTHS. Dunno about you, but if a younger sibling of mine went 'AWOL' overseas at that age, I'd be pretty fricking worried too. Not to mention that Kyousuke has felt that they have been getting closer (as siblings mind you) over that months leading up to that, so the sudden disappearance without a word would have hit him pretty hard.
  • And finally, sure, Kyousuke's (most probably) a siscon. But does that necessarily mean he's romantically interested in his sister? Do remember that the point of reference we have is the Akagi siblings' relationship, which, admittedly, we haven't seen much of yet, but I doubt that one's romantic... The key questions here would be; what kind of sibling relationship does Kyousuke actually want? How does that tie back to the non-relationship they had at the beginning of the series? What happened to make them drift apart in the first place (keeping in mind the picture in the opening which has them playing together)?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-06-01 at 19:55.