View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 14:23   Link #30
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Well I just recovered the files that I need no os or system files just the files...

Thanks for the help btw!!

Edit: One more thing the program you showed me what's that for? And when you say "there might be trouble" what do you mean?

A question how can your computer crash??? Any reason why this things happen?
Regarding the trouble, I'ld say ignore what I said for now

A computer crash can be induced by malfunctioning hardware or software or human operator. Good robust software tries to catch as many malfunctions as possible. That means even so errors occur, the system tries to e.g. graceful degrate/rejuvenate/microreboot/selective retry/use recovery blocks/recovers via checkpointing/uses state scrubbing (there are many more possibilities to handle certain malfunctions). If the malfunction is too severe, and the system cannot recover from the effects caused by the malfunction, then the PC will crash.
Hardware errors are often hard to deal with, so recovering from severe hardware errors is often impossible.
Software errors are often easier to deal with (if you or the system knows how). In future systems will have something like operator undo, then the human component in the system is taken care of too

The program I was linking there, can list the shell extensions that are loaded at startup. I dont know if you ever encountered something like this, but some programs add stuff to your explorer. E.g. when you use mouse button right click, you'ld see something like "add to rar-archive" or the like... such things are shell extensions (there are other shell extensions which are not visible...). If such an extension is broken, but still linked to the explorer, then a winlogon error can occur. I think that explains, why I mentioned it, after you posted your error screen