View Single Post
Old 2008-01-25, 15:52   Link #12
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
On the bit about CoS being downright hostile when it comes to people outside the cult talking about Scientology, well... CoS has been almost a self-declared enemy of the internet. There's an entire article in the Wikipedia called "Scientology versus the Internet". Among many questionable legal measures, one of their attacks was to force Slashdot to delete a comment that posted an excerpt of one of their "holy books", claiming copyright infringement. So yes, they're not nice guys, and from what Ledgem says seems that Anonymous isn't just a bunch of 13-year old kids anymore... The combative and emotional part inside me is siding more and more with them.

We'll see. For now, the intention seems to be to Google Bomb the Scientology website to make it #1 hit for "dangerous cult", "brainwashing cult", etc...

(Note: for those who don't know, Google Bombing is to use a website to link to a page under a particular keyword, in this case, "dangerous cult", to make it the first hit under that keyword in Google).

PS: The situation is still developing... so I'd like the thread to take its separate shape once more. I really don't feel it's "just news".

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote