View Single Post
Old 2008-12-06, 21:51   Link #1232
Ewauksonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
What I find interesting is that the Yomi students who acted "regular" seem the least likely to reform. Tirawit fit right in as the manipulative bully, and Rachel as the attention-seeking super popular girl. Yet both of them are still eager to kill Kenichi.

Whereas boris struggled to reconcile school life with his fidelity to Alexander, and Chikage can't fit in with normal students. Yet those two are the most likely converts to Kenichi-ism.
I want to point this out.

1. Boris: Sei, Lawful Neutral, Satsujinken

Generally speaking, I'm assuming (and this is a purely an assumption) that Yami is an evil organization. Boris is not interested in questions of morality, but only is interested in following orders. However, Sensei Ono represents his first "crisis of morality" and "desire to see close to him not hurt". He hasn't answered either yet, but generally people don't remain subconciously uncaring of good or evil - rather, they make a steadfast commitment to not care.

2. Chikage: Sei, Lawful Neutral/Evil, Satsujinken

I'm assuming these are some of the first and few times she has been outside a "controlled" (in the common thinking sense, and in the scientific sense) environment. Assuming she is a 12-year-old girl, she would probably have a liking towards sweets. Being deprived of them has not made her thirst for them less - this actually seems to amplify the problem. The minute she takes one sweet, she is going to take ALL sweets as much as she can at that moment, losing control.

I want add something unrelated. Ryuuto's condescending answer on Kenichi to Kajima maybe his true feelings, but true feelings that are hiding some other feelings. In other words, he is dodging the question. He's probably not lying to Kajima, but simply being dishonest.
Ewauksonian is offline   Reply With Quote