Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-11, 03:48   Link #81
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ You've never seen Lord of the Rings? That's pretty interesting because Sean Bean plays a very similar character (in terms of looks) in Lord of the Rings called Boromir, and it's VERY hard for me not to think of him when I see Ned in Game of Thrones. I wonder what it's like to watch Game of Thrones first then Lord of the Rings @_@.

As for that Littlefinger scene. Without spoiling anything from the books, I'll draw from the actual interviews and Inside the Episode clips instead. According to Gilliam and the directors of that episode, (this scene is not in the books), he is actually interested in Sansa because she reminds him of Catlyn (Lady Stark, the only woman he loves and still does) when she was young. So I see this is just a scene to establish a skeleton relationship between him and Sansa and sort of introduce the characters to each other sooner than later. According to Gilliam, he sees Littlefinger as someone who thrives in chaos and loves it, so he's really not a character that you should trust, hence he's got such a sinister scene with Sansa in episode 4 which alerts us.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote