View Single Post
Old 2011-12-02, 14:14   Link #1890
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahd View Post
I think currently if a female member of the Japanese royal family marries they essentially exit their royal family? Wouldn't that in theory give them license to marry whoever they want, since politically it wouldn't make any difference to the direction of the monarchy? I guess it might not go down well with the family, but if you're going to be leaving anyway why would you care...
Pretty much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahd View Post
The other question I had was how much influence the emperor has over the Imperial Household Agency? If the crown princess is not getting along with them, surely the crown prince would need only talk to his dad to get them to quit bothering her?
Next to none when it comes to preserving the security and dignity of the Imperial Family (that is, personal affairs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
The biggest difference is the amount of inheritance, I believe the queen of England, Queen Elizabeth is still listed amongst the 20 top most richest in the world whilst most of the Japan's emperor household possession is listed as state owned and has very little personal possession.
If the Japanese Government were to abolish the Monarchy system the next day, the Emperor family will probably find themselves on the street lining up for the soup line.
Well, actually..... let's just say that non-listed assets would make the Imperial Family as rich as, if not richer, than the British Royal Family. Total assets equaled about $4 billion in today's terms back in 1948.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
As for the female linage the husband will probably be given the title of baron and their male offspring will be counted as heir to the throne and will be consider if the direct linage is broken.
No, no title is given, and the princess is just completely out of the family. Most likely one of the former cadet branches will be designated the new Imperial Family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
If she can't help it, can she abdicate or past the throne to a close family member? Her uncle? or her uncle's son?
Impossible scenario (concerning abdication), as I wrote a few posts above.

Not sure why, but why are people thinking that the succession law has been changed or something? No female member of the Imperial Family cannot be the Tenno until the law is changed.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote