View Single Post
Old 2012-12-22, 16:01   Link #44
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a somewhat better finish than I expected (but then again, pretty much anything would have been better than that travesty of the previous episode).

Sugou made an unwelcome appearance but I'm actually glad that this more down to earth desperate struggle was their final exchange rather than the horrendous one we had previously. What's more is that they gave enough focus on Kirito and Asuna's recovery into the real world with a nice sentimental get together of the other SAO players and the heartwarming decision to give The Seed away to the wider world so that more people across the globe would be connected like never before.

But SAO still ended on a couple of flaws. I still can't get over how ridiculously desolate that hospital can be sometimes and I'm amazed that with all the screaming and shouting they did, nobody managed to hear them or call the police. The fact that VRMMO's received bad press was a welcome effort to show the effects these events had on the wider world but now it just makes things even more ridiculous at how this didn't happen before with the SAO incident. And I would have really liked it if the sentimental get together also included respectfully remembering the people who didn't survive. Maybe it's because I thought episode 3 was of the best episodes of the series but it was not nice seeing Sachi shafted so badly.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote