View Single Post
Old 2009-02-02, 15:11   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hey, I enjoyed that. Ep1 was pretty good, I thought. I'm no expert in magical girl shows, and I won't be watching all of this one, but I thought ep1 was well made and entertaining.

I especially enjoyed Oki Kanae as Cure Peach. Her previous big role was Minamo in Real Drive, and I think she has improved her sound even since then. It's interesting to see the varied main cast: Oki Kanae, 24, who had single roles in 2006 and 2007, but whose career really only got started with Minamo last year.

Nakagawa Akiko (Cure Pine), 35, who debuted in 1994 and has had a long but not overly successful seiyuu career.

And the now-ubiquitous Kitamura Eri (Cure Berry), the youngest, at 21, but the most advanced in her career, with many prominent roles behind her (Saya in Blood+, Rin in Kodomo no Jikan, Ami in Toradora, Uchida in Minami-ke, Sanpeita in Kemeko Deluxe, Makoto on Touka Gettan, etc.).

No doubt they were all chosen in part because the producers think they have some singing and dancing talent, since Precure shows always have stage shows. Eri has already shown her singing ability in her own singing career and with anime songs like the OP to Touka Gettan. Photos (l-r): Oki, Kitamura, Nakagawa:

This is a big role for all three of them, since it pretty well guarantees at least a year of TV episodes, plus stage shows and probably a movie.

There was a live event recently for the "Precure All-Stars" movie, which will come out on 20 March, and Sanpei Yuuko had a happy piece about it in her blog. There was also a photo of the cast. I can't identify everyone, just Yukana in front, her left arm with a tight grip on her friend Sanpei-san, Maeda Ai on Sanpei-san's left shoulder, and Ise Mariya behind Yukana's right shoulder.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-02-02 at 15:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote