View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 23:41   Link #225
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Just because Luffy beat Moria does not automatically make him his equal or stronger. Such an argument oversimplifies things. Luffy had far too much luck in that battle and a plot device (sun rise) forced Moria to lose and fight stupidly. His defeat was entirely circumstantial. Luffy had to win that battle, otherwise he and all of the other shadowless victims would be dead.

With that being said, I still believe that Moria is more powerful than Luffy. He just greatly underestimated him, and though that is a natural character flaw (arrogance) he possesses, I believe that he wouldn't take lightly any of the pirate veterans (i.e. Division Commanders) on Whitebeard's crew. When Kuma came to deliver a report to Moria, Moria had a very serious demeanor and was on his guard in case Kuma came for a fight. I feel that that is how seriously he will take this war. Luffy was a rookie in his eyes, and thus he took him too lightly which consequently impaired his ability to fight at his peak.
So did moria he had a huge Zombie that had luffy shadow and a whole army vs the SH so not lets talk about what you think would have happen or luffy had to much luck. I could turn around and said it moria who had luck , the fact is moria got beating by luffy . The WG send kuma there because they thought luffy could beat another warlord which he did.

Do you think in a One on One fight moria and just walk over luffy. If you think so i don't know what to say.

But this never going to end but Fact is luffy beat moria luck , skill, arrogance, whatever you want to call it, wipe out his 10 long years of work and he going to the battle so i don't see why luffy can't also.

like james said luffy does not have to fight any of the big boys cause the big boy will be fighting WB he just want to save ace and that what he going try to do .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Fair enough. I'll also stop debating as to how certain characters will fare in this war and what role they'll play. In my eyes, Moria is a heavy hitter, but he's in the lower-tier of those heavy hitters. The way you speak of him really derogates him, I feel. He is a warlord after all, and that certainly means something. Having said this, he'll most likely fight one of Whitebeard's weaker division commanders and plenty of cannon fodder.
your out here saying hes warlord that has count for some thing but same time just going over Fact that WG send another warlord cause they thought he could lose. How does seem.