View Single Post
Old 2009-04-25, 00:26   Link #231
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Not really when considering the circumstances and the fact that Luffy has the power of resolve and luck on his side at all times. It's his way of getting by opponents who are superior to him. Had Luffy not gotten that 100 shadow power up and damaged Moria to such a great extent with his own strength, I would have conceded that he is stronger than Moria. But that simply didn't happen.
If Luffy had won the fight using the stolen powers, I would completely agree with you. Instead, he simply staggered Moria, allowing a brief respite in the fight, which then allowed Luffy and company to defeat Odz (which was the whole intention of giving Luffy the brief power-up in the first place - to battle the weapon called Odz). But, in the end, Luffy without any power-ups fought a Moria who was a 1000 time stronger, and won (it was your interpretation of the ending that I was questioning more than anything else). The amount of damage to Moria pre-power up is unknown, but considering that Luffy has knocked out opponents before, only for them to come back even stronger (Lucci), the info is only partially relevant (i.e. it is not a determiner in regards to the fight (or at least it isn't for me)).