View Single Post
Old 2010-05-07, 15:04   Link #877
Blayne Barudorii

I began work on a crossover Doctor Who / Haruhi Suzumiya fic since there's generally so darn few out that mine will resonate as fairly unique

Its kinda low key though as my intention is that it should definitely feel like your reading a Haruhi light novel that just happens to intersect with plots and characters with Doctor Who, I'm trying to make it as absolutely plausible and keeping to the continuality as best and vaguely as I can with the obvious exception.

Thus far my work is slowed by having to constantly rewrite portions that after reading it doesn't sound as close to the feel of the source material as I want it to but PROGRESS WILL BE MADE (and is being made, 3100 words and counting and I'm not even past the first day).

I'm aiming for in the best case scenario the actual length of Sighs, so 168 pages of 500 words each so 84,000 words.

And if people like it, it will be the first of several as my rough plot outline of it will be to setup the plot of the future ones.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.