Thread: Crunchyroll White Album 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 22:10   Link #63
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Wow, this thread has actually degenerated into an Eroge seiyuu thread.
Well, every seiyuu who was in the original game (which was an eroge) is by definition an eroge seiyuu. Almost all of them will be reprising their roles in this series, so it's still relevant.

Quote:
To put it bluntly, Yonezawa Madoka has done a lot more eroge roles since WA2 (according to some websites, Wa2 is probably her first role for eroges) while still landing some anime roles from time to time.
Here's a picture I found that commemorates Yonezawa's "transition":

For those not in the know, it takes a well-known CG from the WA2 game where Setsuna is singing karaoke, and puts you-know-who into Setsuna's place.

I'm also glad that otaku who are angry at Yonezawa "losing her vocal virginity" or who think "Dude, she made (censored) noises?! Unforgivable!" aren't anywhere near the majority.

Quote:
As for Nagata Yoriko, she has been doing voices in eroge since 2006 >_> And even some non die-hard seiyuu fans can link her possible connection with eroges because of her role in Koihime Musou. I don't think that being an eroge seiyuu has affected her in either getting more or less roles (seeing that she hardly had any roles before 2006). Likewise I think this is also true for Yonezawa Madoka.
Let me guess, because Yonezawa and Nagata weren't made anywhere near as popular and famous as "the big five of K-ON!" (being Aki Toyosaki, Minako Kotobuki, Youko Hikasa, Satomi Satou, and Ayana Taketatsu) by K-ON!, they felt no particular reason to preserve their "pure" image, and went into eroge roles. Well, I hope they continue contributing their vocal talents to eroge. Rina Satou (who played Yuuki Kusakabe in To Heart 2, a seminal Leaf title) for her own part seems to have stopped doing so ever since she shot to stardom as Mikoto Misaka in TAMNI and its sister series.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote