View Single Post
Old 2012-03-05, 15:43   Link #24792
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The RG Deactive Strike does look better than its MG counterpart. The MG just looks so washed out.

@Appel
Good job with the RX-79. Hey, old kits are awesome in their own way, you know ^^.

About the dry-transfer, if you deal with old dry-transfer decals, once you put them on, make sure to NEVER touch the spot again XD. Unless you want them wiped out. I already experience it with the decals on Alex Gundam’s chest T-T.
its true, the RG does look better. but if you want a 1/100 phase shift off version than the MG is the only way to go as far as i know^^

and its true! old models need some love as well. and i do love this model! it looks awesome and was interesting to put together. its not like that i regret buying it, im glad that i have it.
it IS a great candidate for a version 2.0 though^^ it has a ton of other flaws (like it cant hold the weapons AT ALL without some sticky tack) and a new version would add a lot of details.

the decal seems to stay on rather well though. all the armor pieces are top coated so i suppose they stay on a little better because of that. they just didnt let go of their plastic sheet though, that was the only problem.
the layout of the sheet was also terrible. you get numbers from 0 to 9 and they were all really close together... im glad that i managed to get the 081 on its right shoulder like that!
there were also some arrows but those didnt work at all.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote