View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 09:13   Link #101
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
that's why it needs to be explained, don't you think? you say everything we know about mangekyou sharingan is mere hearsay, then don't you think kishi should have given us a run down on how it is achieved instead of just letting us guess? after all the hax abilities he afforded the sharingan, he still hasn't explained how mangekyou is achieved.

kakashi called it that but what does he really know about mangekyou? he's not even an uchiha. mangekyou has been deemed a forbidden ability for so long, i doubt a lot of people in konoha knew about it. if mangekyou is simply an evolved ability then why hasn't everyone tried to achieve it? kakashi's sharingan evolution could simply be something that occurred through extensive training. while mangekyou requires something else. it requires a trigger and that trigger has a very high price, otherwise all sharingan users would have tried to gain it.
We don't know how Kakashi activated his Mangekyou. I'd never believe it's something as silly as "kill your closest friend". The "real" trigger probably has to do with the user's mental state at the time of doing the supposed killing of one's best friend. If the same mental state can be achieved through different means, wouldn't the result be the same?

Regardless of the method Kakashi used, I have little reason to believe Kakashi's Mangekyou is something different. The eye changes shape and gives him wacky powers beyond the regular "Abnormal Attention To Detail With Photographic Memory And Hypnotic Abilities". I mean, it fits the description doesn't it?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote