View Single Post
Old 2013-03-11, 13:20   Link #40773
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
XD stus are kinda plaguey by nature since they turn a story stale easily. But balance is balance. Sometimes stus are awesome because EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is a STU!.

In my case... I build unintentional stus hahaha
The problem is with Stu is the conflict part of the story.

Every story need a conflict.

It can be inner conflict (making the most moral choice between two immoral choices), conflict due to outside influence (aka Rival who is better than him) or just a problem which the character need to solve (aka, a broke pipe and the character is not a plumber so he go on a road trip to find one who is willing to work for free)

Stu is perfect and has no problem...so......where is the conflict?

Remember the destination is not important, it is the journey. A Stu can teleport to the end point and that is boring.

Edit:

I think deep inside, everybody wanted to see characters who work hard get what they deserve. If a character didn't struggle, the story is really kind of boring.....

(Sorry for such a short indept because I kind of forgot what I wanted to type T_T. It is kind of hard to remember when you have a weird dream with Zombies..etc.)

Unrelated note, I found out that Yu-gi-oh is the easiest fanfic I could type.... I think it's because of the overall weirdness of the series. -_-

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-12 at 07:06.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote