View Single Post
Old 2006-09-03, 13:41   Link #80
Lonewolf

1st:From the Hebrew name זְכַרְיָה (Zekaryah) which meant "YAHWEH remembers". Zechariah was a minor prophet of the Old Testament, author of the Book of Zechariah. This is also the name of the father of John the Baptist in the New Testament, who was temporarily made dumb because of his disbelief

2nd:English form of the Late Latin Jacomus which was derived from Ιακωβος (Iakobos), the New Testament Greek form of יַעֲקֹב (Ya'aqov) (see JACOB). This is the name of two apostles in the New Testament. The first was Saint James the Greater, the apostle John's brother, who was beheaded by Herod Agrippa in the Book of Acts. The second was James the Lesser, son of Alphaeus. Another James (known as James the Just) is also mentioned in the Bible as being the brother of Jesus. Kings of England and Scotland have borne this name. Other famous bearers include the inventor of the steam engine James Watt, the explorer Captain James Cook, and the novelist and poet James Joyce.

I cant find my last name but I do know it's Germanic
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote