View Single Post
Old 2009-12-27, 23:34   Link #208
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh here we go again, K-ON! is insanely popular but alas MSLN is insanely unpopular. Your opinion of what is popular is warped, so that whole analysis is void. K-ON! is not even close to Clannad. It's at best between Clannad and Kanon in terms of popularity, closer to Clannad, so they can beat Mai, and that's it.

Bakemonogatari is "insanely popular," and I don't see Hitagi matching Fate or Nanoha.

Wait, but K-ON! is Kyo-Ani, you say? Well yes! But K-ON!, unlike Clannad, is an anime where opinions are mixed. Do you know which other Kyo-Ani series where opinions are mixed? Lucky Star. Mio is effectively Kagami and Yui is Tsukasa/Konata-level, which is 19-25th after final standings, which converts to 20th for 50-characters.
My opinions are not warped, I used stats of other sites. Unless you can prove to me my stats are skewed, then my point still stands. And insanely unpopular isn't what I said, but comparing it to the likes of J.C. Staff or Kyoani - You're looking at either one being 70% more popular.

Popularity does't equal ISML rape if many people don't find the character moe, but it still gives a undeniable boost to the character. And while Kagami might have been similar in strength to Mio over two years ago, she would have no chance to defeat her now. 55 - 45 at best. Also, Konata is the one with the most screen time in LS, as most the focus was directed towards her, not Tsukasa, or even Kagami. Yui on the other hand garners more screen time than any other character in the series. Yui is a tier above Tsukasa/Konata which amounts to 5-12 places higher in the standings.

Last edited by Demi.; 2009-12-27 at 23:50.