View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 17:30   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I couldn't agree more with you. My interpretation of Izumi's intentions was exactly the same, that's why I was disappointed in her for acting that way. Her attitude looks even worse from our point of view, since we know Mei has been trying to avoid Kouichi and push him away to no avail. She's done the best she could under the circumstances. It's not her fault Kouichi wouldn't leave her alone.

I can't blame Izumi for needing to vent her frustration (especially since there was a deeper reason behind it like her brother's death) but what she did was still plain wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think it's convenient but she did use it to look at Kouichi and then said he wasn't dead. It's not like it was added on in the final volume or anything, it's all one giant novel.
Yes, it didn't come out of nowhere so it's not like it's a Deus ex machina. That doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Mei said that her mother (adopted mother) made her that glass eye. How did it gain the ability to see dead people all of a sudden? (Edit: I mean, she did mention earlier in the series that she was able to see ghosts with this eye but how did she gain that ability to begin?) Does her ability have any connection with the fact that her twin is dead...possibly channeling this spiritual energy to her? (I wonder if ep 0 will answer some of this.)
I doubt any explanation will be given. I'm assuming she gained that ability because she came close to death and that it doesn't really have anything to do with the glass eye itself (i.e, it's not the eye itself that's magical, but her eye socket... something like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
That seems dubious; it's a printed document with 3/3 written on the top, so someone would've had to reopen the file and add a row for Kouichi without changing the date. I'm not saying that this doesn't happen in real life, because it often does (to my personal frustration...why wouldn't you just use =TODAY() in Excel?), but I'm saying that it would be bad storywriting for that to be the case.

If I remember, one of novel readers on AS said that Kouichi's dad had arranged the transfer well in advance. There is no reason not to believe that, as of the beginning of the school year, there were 30 students on the roster. 30 students in the class, 29 desks. I think it's as simple as that.
Actually, I just realized something: there's no date on the roster

3-3 is the class. San-nen san-gumi.

I'm only going by what we were told (or not) in the anime. I've tried to look for it but couldn't any mention of when Kouichi's transfer was decided. What I do know, however, is that some of the students (like Nakao, he said that in ep 4 when they were discussion Kouichi's transfer) believed it was a "safe year" until Kouichi came. Why would they assume that? If they had known from the start Kouichi was going to transfer, they should have noticed right away that a desk was missing, and yet they apparently didn't.