View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 15:01   Link #168
Somnus
Eh?

I find it amusing how people say "forced drama, forced drama" for the Kirito x Sugu relationship criticizing how drawn-out and pointless it is. You talk as if it'd be far fetched to find this situation in actuality.

The situational circumstances are pretty similar to this instance I had a few years back:

I have a Male and Female friend, and am close to both. They dated in high school. Broke up to go their separate ways after graduating. After breaking up female realizes she really liked Male friend, which only grows more after they meet again after a year and a bit. Male friend has girlfriend. Female friend still likes him, and is sad. I know this, but the Male friend is none the wiser.

As the third party here I'm assuming the same role as someone watching SAO, the audience. Am I supposed to say "What the hell is this forced drama for?" That's ridiculous.

It's not like for the past 10 or so episodes Sugu has been screaming at Kirito, "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME!?" (literally forcing drama). The only exception, of course, being this one episode. As an audience we just get to see everything, and everyone's situation/thoughts as a whole. It'd be nice to take a couple seconds to realize the individual circumstances here instead of writing it off due to your own unfortunate fate as an audience member.

Do I really need to point out the fact that men and women getting interested in someone who's already taken is a pretty common occurrence? These things do happen outside of "harem" anime, you know.