Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 02:10   Link #2321
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Yes, "keeping up appearances" is a strong cultural incentive in Japan. Yes, the "Princess Lover Solution" could work, though it could work better if the H-OVAs were better integrated into the story. For example, in episode 7 of the anime, there is a strikingly similar situation in the game's CGs that show an H-scene that happened there (and Nao's expression in the morning of the next episode strongly implies this). An H-OVA picking up there could be titled "N2.5" (meaning it's supposed to be played just after Nao's second episode but before her third).

I personally don't understand why seiyuus have to use pseudonyms for their H work. There's quite a lot of well-written eroge that involves voice work as serious and involved as any other "mainstream" production now, so why would segueing into that be looked down upon?

Still, I wonder if the person who proposed the idea for the YnS anime's branching structure was duly awarded for this kind of innovation. It certainly contributed to the high sales for this series in Japan.
Seriously, you need to read about the topics that the Japanese members around these forums contribute.

There was one case I read, as an example, in the past about a very famous seiyuu during her time. I forgot the seiyuu's name, but I do remember she formed part of the Neon Genesis Evangelion's main voice cast at the time.

When it was found that she also had done some roles in erotic H-Anime, she was terribly lambasted and there was a public outcry against her. It took about 10 years, quite more or less, so that public opinion could completely forget the whole incident. However, during all that time in between her career got both jeopardized and spiraled down.

Reason why seiyuus have need and use for pseudonyms to prevent incidents like that one from ever materializing.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote