View Single Post
Old 2013-11-07, 04:32   Link #4371
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
To be fair, SC2's failings were not completely Blizz's fault, although they have done fuckall to help esports... having big competitions rely on battle.net (lol latency) was one of the most delusional decisions ever.

The pro scene in Korea didn't help matters; especially with the whole lawsuit fiasco and their petty squabbles with Blizzard-- they were obviously seeing esports with Brood War as a cash cow to be milked dry and dead soon. They thought they might as well exploit those poor kids for all they're worth and bolt for it. I remember an epic Brood War finals between Flash and Jaedong get interrupted due to a power failure (NO UPS REALLY?) which really just shows how much they gave a fuck. Poor foundation, bad organization (asinine rules), no money, and an uncaring company ensured Sc2 pro scene was dead on arrival. Well, that and Sc2 is boring as fuck to watch, but this is offtopic I'm gonna crawl back into my hole now. I'll just congrulate the MOBA scene for not making this into a farce and putting effort into nurturing a pro scene.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote