View Single Post
Old 2013-11-07, 05:36   Link #4372
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I have only one thing to say on that matter, Pocari.

Dota2 is on Steam.

Steam has mainly been nothing but headaches, pathetically bloated downloads that cancel and restart, denial of things I bought, or doesn't work for months on end. Bastion, LA Noire and Miasmata have been the only good things I ever got out of Steam.

In simpler terms - LoL works on my computer. Dota2 doesn't...The choice is pretty freaking simple for me already. On top of that, LoL has a representative community in Oceania. Have yet to see anything significant emerge from the Dota2 community here.

And as a person who played Dota1 for many years...I get no enjoyment from what Dota2 is anyway. I get the absolute creeps seeing what Lina looks like, Puck sounds like, the map looks like, Puck sounds like, the narrator sounds like, Puck sounds like, etc. To those that like it - good luck to them. I wouldn't play Dota2 even if it was the last game on earth. I get no enjoyment from playing it, watching it, those that cast it. It simply has more marketing potential due to Steam and related sponsors.

And when it comes to me and marketing - I couldn't give any flocks about the marketing-dominated 2013 anime year. I certainly can't give any flocks about the marketing-dominated 2013 gaming year.

And here's what I think about marketing.

Each to their own. I'm sticking with LoL.