View Single Post
Old 2010-01-05, 19:42   Link #6574
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
see my comment to morbo's post
and i would have him NOT treat his stated goal that inspires millions to his side, like its something to be tossed aside the moment something he REALLY cares about is threatened
Then he wouldn't have been Lelouch any longer.
He was already pretty unstable when the battle began. I don't think there was any other possible outcome with Nunnally gone - he's no saint who'd throw away his own happiness, his only happiness, for the (questionable) good of the world, certainly not at that point of time.

Quote:
i kinda think watching his mom and dad murdered in front of him is pretty bad
but thats not really the issue
Then this made him want to fight crime. Fine.
Lelouch, though, found his sister burried under his mother's corpse and was then cast away by his father with some very nice parting words. And there was no crime, because his father was the Emperor and didn't give a damn.
Oh, and then he was send off to protect himself and his sister in a foreign country, as very much expandable hostages. Yay.

Quote:
THATS a pretty good indication of the true lelouch...
but not zero
as zero, he IS pretending to be the perfect hero
he IS pretending to be a symbol of hope
To reach a goal he has as both Lelouch and Zero.

Quote:
who he REALLY is, and who he is pretending to be, is the main point
and, ironiclly, it is CHARLES of all people who calls him out on this repeatedly
And it's Lelouch who declares that people lie because there is something they are yearning for, while Charles would throw out everyone's individuality out of the window for Absolute Honesty. So?