View Single Post
Old 2013-04-07, 20:58   Link #312
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Definitely one of the stronger starts to the season I've seen. The universe is very easy to get immersed into and has a very interesting background to it. From what I'm taking in, humanity has essentially spread out enough that the "sophisticated" has to live in space, and any other pockets of populations are essentially separated enough that even Earth is now an unusual location.

Apparenace wise, Ledo reminds me of Shuu from Guilty Crown (mainly the eyes), which makes me think that if Guilty Crown wasn't such a fuck up, it could've been this show. That's about as far as that comparison will go though.

The "primitive" people provide a very interesting contrast to Ledo in appearance and technology. The development between Amy and Ledo should be interesting to watch.

Overall, very excited about this show.
I just pretend Production I.G never did Guilty Crown, so I can keep them on the pedestal I do.

I wonder if there are bidding wars now for Gen's writing skills between the studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
in ep 1, Avalon is described as MAN MADE with 470 MILLION CITIZENS, and Avalon is shown as many pods connected together to form a giant structure, each pod kind of like a ctiyship, so Avalon can be strung together bead like with as many pods as they want, but they also shown many pods being destroyed by Hedious. since people without citizenship is denied to be on board Avalon, I can only assume before that they live on ships, with computer AI regulate their sleep, and more important, reproduction, etc. which explain why 16-17 years old is the threshold for citizenship.
Didn't they say he had put in 16 years of service (or 145k hours), so only now he was eligible for taking leave on Avalon? I think there's a difference between saying, "hey, you're 16 years old, now you get to party" and 16 years of service, but I guess we'll have to see, assuming we actually see more of that society at all.

By the way, the part where he pats the girl on her ass to get her to talk some more was pure gold.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-04-07 at 21:55.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote