View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 07:27   Link #136
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, it's finally over.

I have mixed feelings regards SAO.

I was introduced to the series over a year ago by a friend, who'd become captivated by the story. Put off reading until May, when I got my iPad... and then I couldn't stop reading. It was engaging, the world and setting caught my interest, and I liked the characters.

In the aftermath of the show, after all is said and done, I think this was the best possible adaptation A-1 could have done, and I'm quite heartened to hear that they'll do a second series in 2014 - which means that there will be enough time to wrap up the final arcs of the LNs and get the story ready.

That will also mean I get more tempbans for being too enthusiastic, but meh, that's life, and no permanent hard feelings, relentless.

As for the end, I'm quite glad to see all the survivors reuniting, and also Kirito and Sugu dancing in the air, and coming to terms with their issues.

(As an aside, this is also one of the few times when I don't want the winmouto to win over the official couple. Funny.)

Final thoughts: Was it perfect? No. Was it the best possible adaptation? Probably. And the most important question: Was I entertained?

The answer to that is a resounding YES.

I'm glad that the resolution came, but I am sorry that this series is no longer airing.

Such is the way of all things; seasons pass and all things fade away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Lizbeth's school uniform looks different than the rest of student. I wonder why?
Probably just doffed her blazer for a cardigan. We used to do that in my old school; blazer generally got kept for Mondays and assemblies, and everyone wore whatever jackets they wanted or had.

Also, I rather like their school uniform. It's pretty sharp. Also, Sugu's winter uniform looks a lot more striking with that red blazer and skirt, compared to the earlier beige on green.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote