Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 16:44   Link #1015
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Then again, I'd have thought that Mizuka would have known that just telling Kai to stop without explaining why -- "Do it because I say so!" -- wouldn't work either. Yet clearly, she didn't.
That's not the impression I got. She clearly knew it didn't work. She also talked to Airi, saying something like "Why don't you just go away?" That, too, was probably more to vent her frustration. Note that, also, she didn't refuse to provide him with information. Why? My guess is that she didn't want him to investigate out of her reach.

Clearly, she would have liked him to stop, and the warning was genuine, but I don't get the idea that she thought it would work. But what else can she do? She doesn't want to get him in deeper, but anything that might get him to stop might also get him to know too much.

There's a lot we don't know. One possibility I see is that the committee also wants to get their hands on the report, but the strange nature of the security system prevents them from having access. So they might want Kai to get hold of the report (as snatching it from him is a lot easier than snatching it from Kamijima...). Mizuka may be aware of that, too. For example, I'm not sure what that "Tell Misaki 'thanks for the legs,'" is about; it could be a coded message. The three of them (and possibly Kona's mum) might have a history with Kamijima.

So, from the perspective of the committee, getting rid of Mizuka might also mean getting rid of an obstacle (and they might have kept her around to get at Kimijima's code, supervising her and controlling her via the exo-skeleton; and she might have become unnecessary, Kai being more useful at that stage, for getting at Kamijima). But it also sends a message to Kai (we're very dangerous) that might be detrimental to him retrieving the report. Finally, it also sends a message to Misaki (you know we mean business, right?).

This situation is such a mess, and there's so much we don't know. The connections make my head spin. I'm thinking the next thread to unravel is Subaru's dad's hatred for robots... (And what's with the teacher in charge of the roboclub; there seems to be some sort of connection there with the impact-guy from the robo-firm... I can't keep up. )
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote