View Single Post
Old 2007-05-31, 16:57   Link #87
Question
Crossdresser

Jason DeAneglis explains his decision to cancel Nymphet.

There is one problem with his justification.

Said pages are not offensive at all.

If that is his justification that the manga was too offensive for the US market, i have no idea what to say. For crying out loud, Berserk has pages of people getting raped by demons. It even has incest, people being tortured, massive blood and gore, etc, etc.

And yet its popular and over a dozen volumes are already in the market, and more are coming out at an amazing rate.

I can see the manga getting cancelled because vendors were spooked and he didnt have enough orders. But really, i cant see any offensive content in it at all. So a loli has a crush on her teacher and fools around with her....and? Unless it gets directly into underaged sex, its pretty tame compared to the many titles that are on the market already which everyone has pretty much ignored. Really, the only reason vendors were cancelling their orders were because they ordered it in the first place before people started bullshitting that it was a lolicon h-manga online, and they believed them.

I would like to know just how many of the vendors who cancelled their orders did it purely because they read through the japanese volumes and decided that it was too inappropriate, instead of panicking over media reactions if they are found carrying a "lolicon h-manga".