View Single Post
Old 2009-08-03, 16:51   Link #1263
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
if by plot hole you mean something that outright contredicts the established rules of the universe
i might have something for you

suzaku's geass curse suddenly becoming something that he triggers intentionally
putting aside the whole "why can he trigger it intentionally (which is also odd)
the contrediction part comes from the fact that so far, every time lelouch orders someone to do something, they cant remember what happened or what they did
if suzaku's geass command triggers then he shouldnt be able to remember anything that happened during its activation time
he should just sort of "wake up" after each use in a dazed state

a second plot hole comes from the fact that while shnizel had always been presented as lelouch's equal and most difficult rival (intelectually) in the last arc lelouch is able to predict EVERYTHING about him
including that he would try to escape the moment that Lelouch boards the damocles and then EVERYTHING that he would say
in a conversation that SHNIZEL STARTS
right down to what questions he would ask and how fast he would talk
and the conversation that they have is a deep philosophic debate over the nature of mankind

the first example contredicts the way that lelouch's geass works for about 46 episodes
the other contredicts shnizel's position as lelouch's arch-rival in the most pethetic way (enough in my opinion to be called contredictory)
it would be like suzaku losing to tamaki in KMF combat in terms of outright defengment as a threat

but in general i think that most people care less about actual "plot holes" and more about wallbangers
i know thats what I usually care about more
plot holes require you to sit down and think about eamples
wallbangers are self evident (the second example i gave is either a plot hole or a wallbanger, not sure which is better)