View Single Post
Old 2013-06-23, 03:46   Link #127
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
I'm posting this here because most doctors I've seen dismiss a lot as "it's just in the head", and although I completely believe that psychological factors can have a huge effect on the body, I just want to rule anything else out first.

Can anyone give me insights on exercise induced insomnia? I've read here and there that you should exercise at least 3 hours prior to sleeping ( or maybe thats eating?). In any case, (it's my vacation right now), I work out from 7-8:30 , eat dinner at 9:30, and go to sleep by about 3:45-4:00 in the morning everyday. I've found that when I ramp up the intensity of the work out, It's impossible for me to sleep. There seems to be some debate as to whether late exercise can induce insomnia, what's your take?
For me it actually helps me sleep and fight back against my trauma induced anxiety neurosis issues...

I find usually a short (2-3km) run at around 8:30 pm best. I usually sleep around 12 am since my problems started. Before I got my act together I went two weeks of at most 4-6 hours of sleep in total at most.

And regarding BP, I don't know, but my BP actually drops after exercise.