View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 17:39   Link #105
Panic!

Lucky Star over. I cannot accept reality.

The last few scenes, especially the final practice and the actual end itself seemed almost surreal to me. It wasn't an over the top final episode or anything, just more of the slice-of-life-yness its always been. Watching their act was perhaps a perfect ending for me, who got hooked in the first place by a seemingly crazy, hyper-energetic OP Youtube link posted on the WoW OT forums.

Actually, that Lucky Star OP vid is THE reason I got into anime (beyond Cartoon Network stuff). Konata was my introduction to the otaku, Kagami is my original tsundere (but apparently thats debatable), and Motteke! is my original Hare Hare. It was the first series I had to wait for every week starting with Ep. 6, and it started me off on my next 2 series: FMP (from the Bonta placements and Fumoffu's) and Haruhi (obvious). Basically, I have not had to exist without Lucky Star before, and no other series can match my attachment to it, except maybe School Rumble, but for different reasons.

I don't think I'd want a straight 2nd season, because I think it ended just how it should've and I don't see how they could keep the same formula running much longer. Maybe a Hiyori or Misao based spinoff because they seem like the most interesting "Tier 2" characters. HiyUri's setup is pretty much self explanatory, and with a bit of tweaking, Misao+Ayano with a touch of Kagami could work too I think. Mahou Shoujo Misao anyone?