View Single Post
Old 2004-04-28, 16:52   Link #124
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

There isn't really anime that I truly hate. There are a few I don't like much.
Then there are a few more that I do not consider as essential as many others do.

One series that seems to be hyped by many but I just don't get (based on
the first two DVDs) is Berserk. Not that I hate it, but there isn't really
much that makes me want to get more of it (I will give it another shot before
I decide to get rid of it however).

For me Naruto is definitally not as essential. The last episode I saw was
episode 50-something. But I certainly don't dislike it -- I just don't crave for each
new episode like many seem to.

The "classic" dislikes like DBZ, Pokemon and Sailor Moon also fall just in the "non-essential"
category. I actually did watch these three at some point. Now, there are just better
series I could waste my time with in the mean while...

As for Gundam, I've only seen Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed so far (not completely though)
and of those two I find Seed much better than Wing -- the "emotional" part of war is put much
more clearly accross in Seed. You really see the people affected by the dead of a character suffer.
(even if that character was the enemy)

As for Cowboy Bebop, it took me a while for me to continue collecting this series on DVD after
I got the first disc. While in terms of quality it's a good series (IMHO), I didn't really appreciate
the episodic nature of this series much. And if I could do it over again, I'm not even so sure if
I would collect it if I had seen the series completely before getting the DVDs...

I'd like to warn people replying to this thread to mention the series and your opinions
about them as just that - your opinions. A few to many posts seem to be worded as "facts",
which annoys those who did like those series.