View Single Post
Old 2011-11-03, 04:59   Link #224
Gooral
Banned

@Malak
That makes even less sense than Miria using her neck muscles. Unless Claymores do not have bones (which I guess is possible seeing how Raquel could stand after having half of her body destroyed) no matter how strong her abdomen would be it wouldn't be enough to lift her up because of the center of gravity wouldn't be high enough. Normal human could maybe lift his body 5 cm up using his abdomen muscles, trained human 10-15 cm. And that's not as much limited by the strength of his muscles but elasticity of his body. But in both cases it would mean she had more power in these muscles (if we take into account forces working on a 1 square cm) than her legs which is absurd as I've said earlier when talking about neck muscles.

Anyway, assuming for a moment you're right and she had super powerful abdomen muscles that still wouldn't make sense and the fact she's not human is irrelevant. I never said she was or that the same standards as for humans apply to her. You're forgetting here who she is up against and that is - another Claymore. What's more that Claymore is more powerful and has superior technique. But you're telling me she has so powerful abdomen muscles she could outrun Hysteria even though she couldn't do it earlier using her legs, lol. That's absurd.

Malak says:
Miria could do quicker a manoeuver that consists of: lifting her body using her abdomen muscles and rotating 180 degrees while maintaining a distance longer than the length of a sword (otherwise she wouldn't be able to strike Hysteria as she did, it would be a slice, the picture clearly shows that Miria rotated faster than Hysteria could do anything since her throat was pierced) than Hysteria making a swing while being in a perfect position while watching her opponent do all this, lol. It turned out that Miria was as good as Cassandra in making impossible moves, heck, even better.

Seriously Malak, you defending this ridiculous scene and Yagi is commendable but no matter how you look at it this scene was poorly written and can be explained only by "it's manga" excuse. Sure, everything is possible if Yagi says so but some things are just inconsistent with what we've seen earlier and Yagi negates himself. That's the case here.