Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 01:47   Link #9346
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
What pisses me off most is heavies acting like TDs, while meds are getting into brawlingmatches with heavies, while TDs need to spot because the lights already commited suicide
Justifying us medium players, we often have to get into losing brawlingmatches with enemy heavies because our heavies are playing TDs and being little pieces of cowardly scums that they are.

It's not the best idea in the world; maybe it is indeed better to camp than to die, or at least serve as surrogate scouts when all the lights are gone. However, it's just not in some of our mindsets to camp. It's the difference between the 50er and the 55er mediums, and the 55er and the 60er+ mediums. The 50er camps a lot, while the 60er unicorn knows when to camp and when to lolstompcarry. The 55er is there because he has ingrained the lesson of always fighting and contributing, which makes him fundamentally more useful to the team than the 50er, but not the subtler lesson of practiced caution, conserved force, when not to die a sacrifice for the lemmings*, and the right moment -- timing and location, which can be extremely complex (depending as well on the positioning of your allies and enemies, and their relative classes, health, and assumed skill level) -- to turn a game.

Note that this recklessness is fundamentally different in motivation, purpose, and skill level than the typical lolfirstminutesuicide of the Useless Ones.

I should know. I'm still learning. It is hard to relearn camping and not feel like a useless piece of failure. In Redshire, with those thrice-cursed ultimate camper's hills, I always want to camp on those fucking hills for once, let somebody else scout, and snipe, but always, always, I feel ultimately useless and not contributing, so I move about, scout forward, battle at the fringes, or compromise and stay in the rather dangerous forward southerly position on the great central ridge when I start in the north.

Don't believe me? Look at your 55er medium players in matches and you'll sometimes see them die stupidly doing little damage in the frontlines, trying to fight, and their heavies notably nowhere near the engagement point. Then you see them again and they're wolfpacking their way curbstomping everything in sight with a better team, doing unicorn-class damage.

Last edited by Irenicus; 2013-08-22 at 02:00.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote