View Single Post
Old 2007-01-01, 04:06   Link #65
diopter

The do-or-die moment for the fans:

#1: First one and got a fairly good impression with the voice acting.

#2: Kate Higgins seemed to have recycled her Sakura (from Naruto) voice into this one. So what I got from #2 was a lobotomized Sakura with a hint of Haruhi's personality.

#3: A bit too old to fit Haruhi's face. I tried very hard to picture Haruhi with the voice, and it just doesn't work.

#4: Something with the overall pitch of the voice that just doesn't seem right. In addition, there is no change in the tone of her voice like the other ones (sounded very flat and apathetic).

#5: Like others have said, it started off very good. But somehow, it slowly spiraled its descent into crap. Case in point, the very last time where she says, "a mysterious transfer student" sounded like, quoting Kyon in episode 2, "a dangerous kidnapper" .

Therefore, by process of elimination, I ended up voting for #1, but #2 came a close second (reason below).

After hearing all of the English VA choices, I went back and listened to Aya Hirano's. Wow. I know it's redundant at this point, but I never really appreciated (more like taking it for granted by now) her voice until we got this panel of, at best, average selections.

Another question where people should think about before voting: who do you want to sing the two songs in Live a live? At this point we don't know if they'll dub the songs or just leave them in Japanese. But the possibility of dubbing is very real and I think people should take this into consideration when they vote. I know Kate's a singer so she'll fare decently, but I'm not sure if anyone else - in this voting poll - can sing well. So I was very tempted to just vote for #2 in hopes of me not ripping off my ears if and when I hear the songs.